Around the classic Hollywood neighborhood of the blogosphere yesterday, there were quite a few tributes to Carole Lombard commemorating the 101st anniversary of her birth. One in particular fascinated me, probably because it was interactive and I enjoyed seeing the responses I saw.
It's from the site "Dreaming In Black And White" (http://harlowcutie11-dreaminginblackandwhite.blogspot.com/), which did several Lombard-related entries in recent days. One of them was a "tag" asking a half-dozen questions. I'm going to reprint the questions here, leaving my responses to them under a cut. Do your responses before you see mine, and wait at least a day before you comment on mine (or any others). I think this could be fun.
All set? Here goes:
1. Name your favorite Lombard film.
2. Carole's career was cut tragically short in 1942. Though she worked with many amazing and talented actors, who would you have liked to see her with?
3. Who was your favorite Lombard leading man?
4. Do you think Carole's relevant today? if so, why?
5. Do you agree with contemporary views that someone like Cameron Diaz is the new Carole Lombard?
6. On a scale of 1-10, how cool was Carole?
So, how did I respond?
( Collapse )